Future-Ready Leadership (FRL) is a leadership development program for practicing assistant principals. The program, provided by the NC Principals and Assistant Principals’ Association, is aligned to the performance evaluation standards adopted by the State Board of Education for North Carolina’s school leaders. Through this cohort-driven model, assistant principals will participate in six face-to-face sessions and engage in assignments, projects, and readings designed to build the capacity of their schools and their own capacity as “Future-Ready” school leaders.
Through the six sessions of FRL, participants will:
• Gain a deeper understanding of the North Carolina Standards for School Executives and their application to the assistant principal and principal roles.
• Gain an awareness and understanding of the leadership competencies necessary for effective school leadership and identify their strengths and areas for growth.
• Engage in role clarification with their principals to assure that they are making significant contributions in each of the North Carolina Standards for School Executives.
• Develop a plan with their principals for their own professional growth as school leaders.
• Become part of a statewide network and community of learning professionals.
Igniting the continuous pursuit of highly effective leadership and life-long professional learning.
Developed and Provided by
The N.C. Principals & Assistant Principals' Association
Session 1 - Understanding Your Role in Applying the North Carolina Standards for School Executives
Session 2- What Every School Leader Needs to Know About Curriculum & Instruction
Session 3- How Leaders Create a Healthy School Culture
Session 4- How Leaders Create Authentic Professional Learning Communities
Session 5- Maximizing Student and Adult Relationships
Session 6- Instructional Leadership That Builds Teacher Effectiveness