The William & Ida Friday Institute for Educational Innovation
The N.C. Principals & Assistant Principals' Association
N.C. Department of Public Instruction
The N.C. Principals & Assistant Principals’ Association (NCPAPA) and the Friday Institute for Educational Innovation (Friday Institute) have partnered to develop and provide Distinguished Leadership in Practice for Digital Learning (DLP-DL). The program coaches and guides principals through the creation of digital learning environments in their schools using a year-long blended program of face-to-face sessions followed by a series of on-line activities. Principals are engaged in real-world, value-added activities that are part of a proven cycle of capacity building for their students, teachers, and communities—activities that are essential to the school’s transformation.
As participants are led and coached through capacity-building activities for their own schools, they are simultaneously building their capacity as school leaders to:
• Develop a shared vision for the attributes of a new generation of schools for the new generation of digital learners
• Develop and implement a plan for transforming the teaching and learning process by creating structures for on-demand, self-paced access to the highest quality personalized instruction for every learner’s data-driven learning needs
• Create a collaborative school culture of academic excellence that fosters teacher and student leadership and responsibility for learning
• Create an engaging, application and problem-based learning environment that fosters creativity and the highest levels of thinking and problem solving
• Develop teachers’ capacity for making optimum use of technologies and digital resources to create learning environments where all students can succeed
• Build community understanding and support for new approaches to teaching and learning.
• Use a proven approach for leading and managing the changes required for the new learning environment
Creating personalized, flexible digital learning environments that meet the needs of all students.